Over 450 Miles of Interconnected ATV/UTV Riding Accessible from Oconto County
If you’re searching for a great place for an all-terrain excursion, look no further than Oconto County. The Oconto County ATV/UTV trail system boasts more than 450 miles of interconnected scenic trails. The interconnected system enables ATV/UTV riders to reach Marinette County to the east and Langlade County to the west.
The Nicolet State Recreational Trail, the trail system’s backbone, extends through Gillett, Suring, Mountain, Lakewood, and Townsend. It continues north to Florence and Forest counties in Wisconsin and on up to the trails of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. A valid Wisconsin registration is required for both residents and visitors who ride this trail system.
Six ATV/UTV clubs maintain the Nicolet State Recreational Trail:
- Crooked Trail Riders ATV Club (Crooked Lake): www.crookedtrailsatvclub.com
- Dusty Trails ATV Club (Mountain): www.dustytrailsatvclub.com
- Gillett Sno & ATV Riders Inc. (Gillett): www.gillettsnowatvriders.com
- Hidden Bear Trail ATV Club (Lakewood/Doty/Riverview): www.hiddenbeartrailsatvclub.com
- Oconto Area ATV Club (Oconto): www.ocontoatvclub.com
- Red Arrow Snowmobile ATV Club (Townsend): www.redarrowtownsend.com
Trails are open to ATV/UTV riders until November 1 (subject to change, depending on weather).
Share this Post